101 Energy Saving Tips
Everyone wants to save money and the environment. Baldwin EMC has put together a list of 101 ways to save on Energy Costs.
Saving your hard earned dollar can be as easy as turning your lights off when leaving a room. But it’s hard to monitor your condo or home when you’re away.
Here are a few other energy saving tips:
1. Set water heater temperature no higher than 120oF.
2. For households with 1 or 2 members, a 115oF setting may work fine.
3. Install water-heater wrap per manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Drain 1 – 2 gallons from bottom of water heater each year to reduce sediment build up.
5. Install heat traps on hot and cold water lines when it’s time to replace your water heater.
With this in mind check out the Thermonator for a more controlled water-heater environment.